Does boosting morale improve employee performance?
The relationship between employers and their employees can greatly impact a company’s productivity. Engaged and happy employees work harder and aren’t afraid to take on additional responsibilities. And, these employees usually have a positive influence on their coworkers. Treating employees with respect undeniably contributes to higher morale, and can be expressed in many ways. Here are some thoughts to ponder:
• Celebrating achievements both individually and collectively keeps spirits lifted, while failing to recognize successes can squash morale.
• Keeping meetings brief shows respect for employees’ time and keeps them alerted to matters that truly need attention.
• Trusting employees to do their job without being overly critical helps develop confidence.
• Expanding the realm of possibilities within which employees can operate creates space for more innovation.
• Breaking up the monotony of business-as-usual charges employees with excitement.
• Allowing cross training increases skill sets, prevents burnout and encourages teamwork.Encouraging a collaborative and supportive environment where individuals are appreciated is valued by employees and may improve morale while decreasing turnover. That’s a win for everyone.